What’s the issue?
A new peace initiative by a group of former Israeli government, intelligence and security officials along with the Arab Peace Initiative, and the Geneva Accord, offer key principles and ideas for negotiations to achieve comprehensive Arab-Israeli-Palestinian peace. Achieving peace is urgent given the current stalemate in negotiations and the threat of escalating violence between Israelis and Palestinians.
What do you want me to do?
Contact President Obama now and urge him to exercise strong U.S. leadership for Holy Land peace.
Ask him to coordinate with the other members of the “Quartet” (the United Nations, European Union, Russia) to support the main elements being addressed in the various peace negotiations, including:
• Creation of a Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza, based on the 1967 borders with possible limited land swaps as mutually agreed;
• A fair negotiated resolution of the issue of refugees that does not threaten the demography of Israel;
• The sharing of Jerusalem by Israel and the Palestinian state with both having their capitals in the city;
• Israeli withdrawal from the Golan Heights as part of a peace agreement with Syria; and
• Guarantees for free access to Jewish, Christian and Muslim holy places.
Learn more about:
• A recent letter signed by Catholic and other Christian, Jewish, and Muslim leaders to President Obama in support of Holy Land peace negotiations;
• The conflict in the Holy Land, its connection to our Catholic faith and how USCCB proposes to resolve it;
• How CRS is responding to the needs of the Palestinians and promoting peace in the Holy Land.
Take Action Now!
• E-mail, fax or print and mail President Obama from our Action Center http://actioncenter.crs.org;
• Call 1-702-577-2339 for talking points and to be connected to the White House.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.