Please join the next a Catholics Confront Global Poverty webcast: Haiti: Rebuilding with Hope on Wednesday, September 15 from 2:00-3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.
Join us for an update and discussion about the current situation in Haiti and the prospects for the future, including:
• An on-the-ground view from CRS staff working with people in Haiti affected by the earthquake;
• An overview of what CRS is doing to address the needs of the victims;
• USCCB/CRS’ efforts to shape U.S. policy towards Haiti based on Catholic social teaching and our on-the-ground experience;
• Concrete ways for Catholics in the U.S., through the Catholics Confront Global Poverty initiative, to support relief and recovery in Haiti;
• An opportunity to engage in dialogue with our presenters from CRS and USCCB.
Thirty minutes of this webcast will be reserved to answer questions from the audience.
For more information:
• Read the USCCB/CRS letter on the Haiti Empowerment, Assistance and Rebuilding Act.
• Learn about how the USCCB is supporting the Church in Haiti.
• Learn about CRS’ work in Haiti.
• Please visit Catholics Confront Global Poverty now to learn how you can begin using your voice to confront poverty, including in Haiti.
• Read the CCGP backgrounder – International Assistance Reform and Our Catholic Response.
• Watch a brief video on global poverty and international assistance.
Please RSVP for this event as space is limited.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.